Winter Jazz Camp
Wednesday July 3 – Friday 5, ages 10+
24 hours of tuition!
Winter Jazz Camp is back. Click here for a printable brochure.
It is a non-residential program for musicians ages 10 to 20, held at the Jazz Workshop in St Leonards. It features a varied program including:
- Big band playing
- Combo/small ensemble playing
- Improvisation intsruction
- Jazz style
- Jazz theory and composition options
- Performance workshop
- Rhythm section and instrumental masterclass session
- Jam session
Students work in separate groups based on their level of jazz playing for most sessions. Some sessions are combined.
The three days cost $295 for 24 hours of tuition. This camp filled up very quickly last year, so best not to put off booking too long if you are planning to enrol yourself or your child.
Bookings are open now.
- Wednesday July 3 – Friday July 5. 9:30am – 5:30 pm each day.
Bookings: Phone or email message. We’ll need to know:
- Student’s name
- Parent contact details (email and phone)
- What instrument/s they will play at the workshop
- A rough idea of their level of jazz playing (so we can be sure they will be working at the level best for them). Maybe say how long they have been playing, any grades completed…that sort of thing. They don’t have to be advanced at all. They don’t have to be able to read music, though it helps.
- Whether the student has any significant medical condition or allergy we should know about.
You can either send a cheque to Jazz Workshop Australia, PO Box 161 Crows Nest 1585
or you can direct deposit online to Jazz Workshop Australia BSB 112 879 Account # 068 127 307 (be sure to include your name in the details).