Jazz for Kids (jazz for Christmas!)
Our famous Jazz For Kids holiday workshop is back, in the annual Christmas edition. Here’s what you can expect:
- Learn about jazz music
- Playing in a jazz band
- Even more fun!
As with all JWA camps, we want everyone who participates to have a great time and to learn new things and develop their playing and performance skills at the same time. Jazz for Kids is open to young musicians of all levels, we arrange things so that everyone works at just the right level for them (hard enough to be interesting and worthwhile, but not too serious – it is a holiday camp after all).
Bookings are open now.
- Monday December 17 – Tuesday 18. 9am – 3pm each day.
- Drop off from 8:30am; extended supervision available until 5:30pm @ $22/hour
Where: Jazz Workshop Australia, 58 Atchison St St Leonards
Cost: $175 for both days or $99 for one day.
Bookings: Phone or email message. We’ll need to know:
- Student’s name
- Parent contact details (email and phone)
- What instrument/s they will play at the workshop
- A rough idea of their level of jazz playing (so we can be sure they will be working at the level best for them). Maybe say how long they have been playing, any grades completed…that sort of thing. They don’t have to be advanced at all. They don’t have to be able to read music, though it helps.
- Whether the student has any significant medical condition or allergy we should know about.
You can either send a cheque to Jazz Workshop Australia, PO Box 161 Crows Nest 1585
or you can direct deposit online to Jazz Workshop Australia BSB 112 879 Account # 068 127 307 (be sure to include your name in the details).