September 26 – 27, ages 8+
Here at JWA we are really excited to be able to tell you about a fantastic and brand new school holiday activity, Composing for Kids.
Over two days, our team will help you write your very own jazz tune. Then, once it is ready you get to record it with you playing with a professional band! We’ll produce it for you, and you’ll get a CD recording of you!! A great experience, you’ll learn a lot about writing and playing the music. And you’ll have a wonderful gift to give your friends and family for Christmas.
(You can teach us how to spell “Komposition” properly too).
- Wednesday 26 September – Thursday 27. 9am – 3pm each day.
- Drop off from 8:30am; extended supervision available until 5:30pm @ $20/hour
Where: Jazz Workshop Australia, 58 Atchison St St Leonards
Bookings: Phone or email message. We’ll need to know:
- Student’s name
- Parent contact details (email and phone)
- What instrument/s they will play at the workshop
- A rough idea of their level of jazz playing (so we can be sure they will be working at the level best for them). Maybe say how long they have been playing, any grades completed…that sort of thing. They don’t have to be advanced at all. They don’t have to be able to read music, though it helps.
- Whether the student has any significant medical condition or allergy we should know about.